Building Nordics is responsible for Residential, Non-Residential and Refurbishment construction in Finland, Denmark and Norway, with 2 400 employees. Find out more about BA Building Nordics: https://www.ncc.com/about-ncc/ncc-building/
As Head of Sustainability, you have an important role in supporting and managing the business so that NCC Building Nordics’s goals and strategies in the area of sustainability are achieved. You will propose and initiate strategic sustainability projects within the business area (BA) and prioritize and follow up on these. You will be responsible for developing long- and short-term sustainability goals together with Sustainability Managers in Building Norway, Denmark and Finland.
Key responsibilities and tasks:
- Coordinate development of sustainability criterias related to our products, methods and services
- Coordinate, drive and secure sustainability reporting
- Be NCC Building Nordics’ point of contact for all sustainability matters towards NCC Group and other BA´s in NCC
- Support and drive customer dialogue and political dialogue to create strategic business benefits based on sustainability
- Pursue external sustainability positioning of NCC Building Nordics in consultation with the NCC Group
- Follow trends and requirements connected to sustainability within society and among stakeholders
You have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in science or technology with minimum 5-10 years of experience of independently conducting sustainability and environmental work at a strategic level. We also do believe that the right candidate has:
- Experience in setting and following up sustainability goals
- Experience of evaluating the advantages and disadvantages of various sustainable solutions from an environmental, social, and economic perspective
- High level of knowledge about environmental management systems, environmental declarations, energy calculations and optimizations as well as environmental impact assessments connected to natural values, chemicals, noise, vibration, dust, nitrogen and phosphorus
- Experience in sustainability and government reporting as well as experience in interpreting laws and regulations
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English, it is meritorious if you speak a Scandinavian language
As this is a role with many contact points at different levels, we are looking for you who understand the importance of close collaboration with colleagues, authorities and other stakeholders. You are communicative, analytical and credible and can talk about sustainability in a non-prestigious and pedagogic way.
We are open for placement of this position at any of the NCC offices in the Nordics, and you will be required to travel within the Nordic countries. As Head of Sustainability you will be reporting to our Head of Business Development and Strategy.